Do You Even Region, Bro?!
Here on ZaphCraft, we do NOT use Towny, as we feel that is the cheap way around doing things the right way. Instead, we use a plugin most are familiar with, WorldGuard. Staff members that are Help and above can create, alter, and remove regions in our game, however we do have some rules for what can be regioned and what cannot. We will not region a house if:
- The house is made out of dirt
- The house is smaller than 5x5x5 blocks
- The house is larger than 200x200x200 (in which case we will only region it if you make it a town, available to other players)
- The house area is lower than y=64 (unless there are no ores in the area you are regioning)
- First thing is first, you will need to grab your WorldEdit wand. On our server, this happens to be a Bone. You can either grab one from creative, or you can use the command //wand and it will appear in your inventory.
- Now that you have your WorldEdit wand, you have to select opposing corners of the area to be regioned, making a giant cube around it. Remember, for the first point you must left-click and for the second you must right-click. Sometimes it is easiest to place a block of wool or another substance at each corner.
- To make sure you have selected the entire area use //outline glass . If nothing is cut off, you have selected everything, but if something was cut off, you must use //undo to reverse the glass, then expand the area using //expand #blocks direction in order to expand the region around the entire area.
- Once you made sure the region encompasses everything needed, you use the command /region define Name in order to create the region bounded by the cube you created. The region name should follow this template: User_# meaning that the user who is receiving the region, for example Zaphara, will have a region named Zaphara_# the number being the region they are having made (1st region will be 1, 2nd will be 2, etc)
- After you have the region created, you must add the user to the region as the owner. To do this you use the command /region addowner Region User
- From here on out, the owner of the region may add flags to the region, or members/owners at their own discretion.